The Water Utilities Engineering Department focuses on the following strategies outlined in the City of Stillwater's Strategic Plan.
#1 - Effective Services & Accountable Government
Purpose: To provide effective services and accountable government for all citizens by practicing fiscal responsibility, transparency and outstanding customer service.
- 1.1.2 - Provide assurance of regulatory and policy compliance to minimize and mitigate risk.
- 1.2.1 - Update the rolling five-year budget worksheet that provides for efficient estimation of revenue and expenditures.
#2 - Inspired Management
Purpose: To demonstrate leadership, management and planning skills that focus on results needed to create a better community.
- 2.1.4 - Identify the full cost of long-term maintenance and replacement of infrastructure strategies.
#4 - Place & Mobility
Purpose: To develop a strong sense of place that recognizes the interconnectedness of people, buildings and public systems (such as transportation, utilities and parks) that best serve the needs of the public.
- 4.1.1 - Develop and/or update infrastructure master plans that include detailed implementation strategies.
- 4.1.2 - Explore innovative ideas and implement leading-edge technologies when feasible.
- 4.1.3 - Prioritize funding and support resources allocation to maintain existing infrastructure assets and/or to plan for future growth.
- 4.2.1 - Provide reliable utility services that not only meet customers' needs today, but anticipated future ones.
- 4.3.3 - Identify funding sources for publicly owned and maintained facilities and infrastructure.
#5 - Quality of Life
Purpose: To develop partnerships that create a high quality of life with equal access to services and amenities; strong and connected neighborhoods; and a healthy economy and business atmosphere that align with community values.
- 5.2.1 - Foster positive and respectful neighborhood relationships and encourage open communication.
#6 - Civic Engagement
Purpose: To encourage participation and an understanding of government through outreach and inclusiveness initiatives that inspire trust and confidence in local government.
- 6.1.1 - Provide open and transparent access to information.
- 6.2.1 - Keep content up to date on the City's website, social media and local government access channel.