About: Licensing & Alcohol

Licensing & Alcohol

Event Organizer(s) are responsible for ensuring licensing compliance with state, county and city requirements for all vendors. 

Oklahoma ABLE Commission

To sell, offer or otherwise distribute alcohol, wine and beer at your event, vendors must first obtain a License from the State of Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Laws Enforcement Commission (ABLE). 

When including vendors at your event, you are required to notify the Oklahoma ABLE Commission, as well as report all sales including money made from admission, if applicable. Contact the Oklahoma ABLE Commission to obtain a Special Event Promoter/Organizer Business Application. You will receive sales tax report forms with your permit number and you will need to distribute these to vendors at your event. After the event, collect all of the forms and return them to the Oklahoma ABLE Commission.


This process must begin a minimum of 30 days prior to the event date(s). All food vendors must be licensed by the City. The necessary Itinerant Merchant/Peddlers (Mobile Food Service) License application is available from the City Clerk’s Office and can be found on the City website. There is additional documentation you will need to obtain in order to submit the application. This information is listed in the instructions with the application.


  • City Clerk’s Office (City of Stillwater) (405) 742-8243

  • Payne County Health Department (405) 372-8200

  • Payne County Court Clerk (405) 372-4774

  • Oklahoma Tax Commission (405) 521-3160 

  • Alcoholic Beverage Laws Enforcement Commission (ABLE) 405.521.3484

    • Toll Free 1 (866) 894-3517

    • Address: 3812 N. Santa Fe Ave., Suite 200 Oklahoma City, OK 73118

Content last reviewed 05.12.2020.